Uhm, so …..my yesterday …..
“Eh do you mind? Some of us are trying to work here!”
I snapped out of my daydream, and glanced at up at this God-like creature glaring down at me.
- He was tall.
- Had the body of Hugh Jackman (well it looked that way through his suit …mmm suit).
- He had that breathless-making Ewan McGregor smile (well except he wasn’t smiling at me at time but I did see him smile at someone else during the day).
- Piercing eyes in the manner of Cillian Murphy .
- The black curls of Adrian Grenier.
- And he was glaring at me in the manner of Mr Darcy watching Mammy Bennett.
“Eh what?” I managed.
He rolled his eyes ….God, he was so haughty! And annoying! And I kinda want to jump on him, except I have dignity and stuff.
“The tapping,” he snapped, nodding towards my pen. “It’s irritating and distracting and if you’re in desperate need of an idle fidget, I hear there’s a creche down the road that might suit you.”
What the fu…….!?
“I’m sorry, who are you exactly?” I snapped back (at least I think I snapped ….maybe it was more of a bleat or a hiccup, but I like to think it was a snap).
“I’m Christopher,” he said, looking as though everyone in the world should know who he is. “I started today.”
“You’re Christopher?” I said, intelligently *cough*.
“Yes,” he replied, rolling his eyes again.
I kinda want to throw something at his head when he does that …I also kinda want to ask him to marry me at the same time. Argh cop on!
“I just thought that was unusual, considering another Christopher started yesterday,” I said attempting to be equally haughty.
He looked at me like I was a little retarded. “I’m the only Christopher here.”
“Actually that guy over there is called Christopher,” indicating towards New Office Boy at the other side of the room and looking snug.
He smirked. “His name is Alan,” he said.
Oh God …..history and politics …..business …..RUGBY ….of course, New Office Boy didn’t play rugby ….he’s thinner than me!!!!
So this guy is….
“You’re Christopher?” I asked, looking a little dumbfounded, I’d imagine.
“I think we covered that,” he said, rolling is eyes for a third time. KerSHMACK! “Now if you’re done wasting my time, I need to get on with my work,” and with that he lowered himself into his chair and disappeared from my sight.
I have a number of options here:
- I could march over there, smack him in the head and ask him who the hell he thinks he is speaking to me like that when he’s only a goddamn Newbie …not that it’s ok to speak to me like that if you’ve been here for years.
- I could spend the rest of my shift throwing paper balls and staplers at him over the partition that separates us (but do I really want to risk ruining that face….? God, I’m so shallow and principle-less)
- Or I could be incredibly immature and ignore him …..while spending the rest of the day tapping my pen REALLY loudly.
I opted for tea-drinking silence.
God I think I’m in shock …..I should probably take it easy for the day and come up with an action plan tonight. I’ll ring Tim and Olivia for some strategy-making ….Actual Christopher is going down ….
Stupid, hot, hypnotic Christopher…..